Have you ever wondered why Windows Servers do not show the disk performance counters in task manager?
Here is how you enable them:
Step 1: Enabling Disk Performance Counters
- Ensure Task Manager is closed.
- Launch the Command Prompt using the “Run as Administrator” option.
- Enter the following at the Command Prompt:diskperf -Y
- Hit Enter.
- Close the Command Prompt.
- Re-open the Task Manager.
Step 2: After running the diskperf command, the ability to view Disk performance statistics on the performance tab should now be visible.