How to import Gmail contacts into Outlook
To import your Gmail or Google Contacts into Outlook, follow the instructions below:
This step-by-step guide to integrate your Gmail contacts does not require the use of any third party software or add-ins. Outlook is very popular among students and professionals alike. If you are looking to sync your Gmail or Google Contacts into the Outlook app for Windows 10, you have come to the right place.
- Open the contacts.google.com website.
- Sign in to your Google account.
- Click the Export option.
- Select contacts and Outlook CSV options.
- Click the Export button.
- Open the Outlook app on your PC.
- Go to File > Open & Export > Import/Export.
- Choose Import from another program or file and click Next.
- Select Comma Separated Values and click Next.
- Click the Browse button, select the exported file, and click Next.
- Select Contacts from the Select destination folder box and click Next.
- Click the Finish button.
Email encryption for Gmail and Outlook
If you are integrating your address books, consider email encryption on important data. It helps add an extra layer of security and privacy to your emails. Email encryption ensures that your email is only being viewed by those it was intended for, and that the data cannot be stored somewhere it shouldn’t.
Email encryption is offered by both Gmail and Outlook and is highly suggested when exchanging and working with sensitive information. Keep in mind that even accidental data breaches can be costly to you and the company you operate with.